The EWB-USA Northeast Region Conference Committee is inviting chapters in the region to submit project posters and photos that showcase their projects.
- Project Title
- Project Data Box
- Project Description Box
- Project Photographs
Final project posters must be emailed to email@example.com in PDF format by November 16, 2012, printed by the submitting chapter and brought to the Conference. Foam poster boards with dimensions of 20” x 30” will be provided at the Conference, in addition to materials needed to mount and display the posters. Chapters are expected to print their posters in the final draft form and on one single paper. Volunteers will be available to assist in mounting the poster board for display.
Photos must be submitted by
October 28, 2012 November 7, 2012 through this page.. Refer to Section 5 for photo submission requirements.
Section 2: Eligibility
Professional or student chapters belonging to the Northeast Region may submit one poster per international project and up to a maximum of three posters. Chapters may also submit posters which focus on (a) the chapter or (b) local initiatives.
Section 3: Poster Requirements
Poster must follow the layout of the vertical or horizontal poster templates available on ewb-northeast.org.
Poster Board Size
The size of each poster board should be 20” x 30” ( ¼”).
A project title is required in a title box at the top center of the poster. The title box should be oriented horizontally and should have dimensions of at least 16” x 2” ( ¼”). The title font should be of a size that fills the height or the width of the title box.
Project Data Box
A project data box shall be placed in the upper left corner of each poster board. The project data box shall include, at minimum, the following information in the order shown:
- Chapter Name
- Project Name
- Name of the town/village and country of the project location
- Project phase
- Total cost of project
- Project chapter contact and email address
- Name of professional partner group involved in project
- Name of partner organizations in local community (if any)
- Name of significant donors or contributors to the project (if any)
font size for the text in the project data box is 12.
Project Description Box
A project description box shall be placed in the lower right corner of each poster board. The project description box should have dimensions of no less than 6” x 8” ( ¼”). The project description box should be oriented the same as the poster (i.e., portrait format on a vertically oriented poster or landscape format on a horizontally oriented poster).
The project description box is your opportunity to describe the project, its challenges, how they were overcome, and how the project has (or will) benefit the local population.
The minimum font size for the text in the project description box must be 12.
The remainder of the poster board is available for displaying project photographs. As many photos as can be accommodated in the available space are encouraged. The photographs must be high resolution for enlargement purposes and must be at least 300dpi. The photos may be arranged in portrait format, landscape format, or a combination of both formats.
A caption box containing a description of the photo should be placed immediately below each photo. The caption box must have the same horizontal dimension as the photo above it and a maximum height of 1.5” ( ¼”). There should be a minimum clear distance between the bottom of the photo and the top of the associated caption box of 0.25”. There should be a minimum clear distance of 0.5” between proximate photos and caption boxes (associated with other photographs).
The EWB-USA Northeast Region logo (available for download at ewb-northeast.org) must be placed on the top left hand corner of all posters. The chapter logo may be placed on the top right hand side of the poster, and the new chapter logos released by EWB-USA HQ must be used. The logo creator can be found on the website at the following link: http://my.ewb-usa.org/chapter-resources/communicating-ewb-usa. (Under the Chapter Resources tab, click Communicating EWB-USA on the right hand panel, then on the third link that will open to the logo creator.) There are additional logo spaces which can be used for sponsors. If more logo space is needed, please add to the bottom of the page in the designated area.
Section 4: Judging
The competition will be judged by a panel of
four judges comprised of members of the hosting chapter and the Northeast Region. Representatives of the submitting chapter should be present during the judging event to answer any questions. Winners will be announced at the Conference.
Each poster will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Content: The poster should contain significant information pertaining to the project and must be as up to date as possible. Displayed material demonstrates an understanding and relevance to the values and mission of EWB-USA.
- Appearance: The poster should be organized and have visual appeal. Ideas follow a logical sequence, and displayed material should be clearly legible.
- Conventions: Text should possess no grammatical errors and have good sentence structure.
- Focus: The poster should show clear focus on the project problem and solution (for posters showcasing international projects) or chapter mission (for posters showcasing chapters or local initiatives). Displayed material shows depth and relevance pertaining to the specific subject.
- Judge’s Pick
Section 5: Photo Competition
Chapters may submit up to three photos in the photo competition. The winner of the photo competition will be announced at the Conference.
The requirements are as follows:
- Photos must be from an international project.
- Photographs must be high resolution for enlargement purposes and at least 300dpi.
- Chapter Name, Project Name, Name of the town/village and country of the project location, Project phase, Project chapter contact and email address, and number of photos submitted must be included in the body of the submission email.
- Filename must be ChaperNamePhoto_ProjectLocation_Year (ex. UPennPhoto(#)_ Cameroon_2011).
The photographs will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of members of the hosting chapter and the Northeast Region based on the following criteria:
- Content: How well does the photo represent or display the values of EWB?
- Originality: How creative is the photo in terms of its subject and the way it is displayed?
- Quality: Does the photo have adequate lighting? Is it in focus?
- Overall Impression: How does the photo grab attention? Is there a wow factor?
Chapters participating in the poster completion may also participate in the photo competition. Only photos submitted through email will be evaluated. Chapters are not required to bring a hard copy of their photos to the Conference.
Section 6: Awards
- The first place winner will receive $300 deposited into its chapter’s EWB-USA project account.
- The second place winner will receive $150 deposited into its chapter’s EWB-USA project account.
- The third place winner will receive $75 deposited into its chapter’s EWB-USA project account.
The winner will receive $75 deposited into its chapter’s EWB-USA project account.
Section 7: Questions
For questions, please contact Judy Zeng at firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 8: Templates