posted Dec 22, 2008, 10:20 AM by MA/RI State Rep NER Catherine McManus
updated Jan 30, 2009, 9:12 PM
December 22, 2008
Happy Holidays! I hope this message receives you well. Please make sure someone responds to ITEM 2 as soon as possible.
- For those of you who were able to attend the mid-December call, thanks! If you would like to listen to the recorded version, please see attached. You can also call into it for replay at (218) 844 8799 with access code 363353#
- Instead of hosting a state-wide call during the January break, I would like to take the opportunity to meet with each individual chapter. This will give us all a chance to meet and it will help me better understand your chapter and project needs. Please respond with some indication of your group’s availability. If a conference call would be more effective, please let me know so we can set up a time now. All meetings and calls must be complete by January 31, 2009
- From our last call we discussed the project process. If anyone has any follow up questions on what documents they need to submit and when, please contact me! Also, please make sure that you submit your travel report as soon as possible after arriving home. Submitting project reports within a reasonable time frame, in addition to paying chapter dues, ensures your chapter’s good standing with national and allows your group to be eligible for grants and awards.
- There are only 10 days left until the end of the Boeing challenge! From now until December 31, 2008, every donation that is made to ANY chapter or project within EWB will be matched by Boeing and donated to EWB-USA’s general funds. These funds are used to help support conferences, update the website, and to fund project grants.
**PLEASE ask your friends & family to support your project or chapter this holiday season! EVEN $10 will make a difference!
- The Tufts Slow Sand Filtration Workshop will be held on January 31, 2009 at 2pm. Details will be forwarded as they are received. If you are interested in attending please contact Kerri Martin at email@example.com.
- The Cambridge Center for Adult Education offers a Grant Writing Class for (details of class, web address). If you or anyone in your group is interested in attending this workshop, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I am considering getting a few key people together for a fundraising workshop that would be held at the end of February. If this is something that interests your group, please let me know! Also, please contact me if you know anyone that may be a good resource and/or speaker for this event or if your chapter is able to provide the facilities for this to be held.
The Northeast Region is considering offering $100 scholarships for students interested in attending the international conference. Considering costs as of now are as little as $500 per person, please contact me if this scholarship will help your chapter send at least one representative to Milwaukee.
- Please start preparing posters, videos, and hand outs for Milwaukee in March 2009! If you would like to submit any of these media, the deadline for submission is early March.
- The NE Region needs you! If you (or anyone in your chapter) has some time and would like to help out the region, we are looking for assistance in the following areas: Website feedback & development.
The Montana State University Chapter is preparing a wiki page for all EWB East Africa Projects to share information about social, cultural, and technical resources. If your group has a project in this region and/or is interested in learning more, please let me know !
I hope you all have a great holiday!